We want you to keep your golf gloves looking pristine for as long as you can.
Caring for your golf glove is a lot more important than golfers usually think.
Stuffing your glove into your bag is no way to treat a prime piece of leather
Show it a little TLC and it will last longer, look better and thank you for it.
Here's a few tips to help:
1. Clean your grips
- Guess what this is probably the most important aspect to keeping your glove looking clean and stop it getting old and grimey.
- A quick scrub with an old toothbrush and some hot water every month will ensure your grips last longer and your glove stays looking fresher for longer.
OK. On to the glove itself!
2 - Ensure the right fit
If your glove is too big or too small, there is no doubt it will rip or tear easier.
- If it's too tight it will put excess starin on the leather and seams and soon enough it will rip.
- Too big and you will get excess material in the palm, this will rub and not only will it give you less control over your club, it will also lead to holes and tears.
3 - Keep it protected
- Straighten the glove out and pop it back in it's packaging after every round. This will ensure it maintains it's shape
4 - Dry them our in the air
- Whether your glove is wet from rain or sweat, either way, ensure you let it breath post round.
- Don't throw it on the radiator, or kill it with a hairdryer, pop it on the airer and let it dry slowly and naturally.
- Once dry, reshape on your hand and pop back into the packaging to ensure the glove retains its shape.
5 - Rotate Between Gloves
- Always rotate between 2 or 3 gloves. This ensures the leather has chance breathe and repair between shots or rounds and prolongs the life of your gloves.
6 - Put it on with care
- Pulling the glove on with excessive force on the cuff and taking it off my grabbing at the fingers, will only foreshorten the gloves life and stretch it our of shape.
- The more stretched out the glove, the less it will fit like a second skin to your hand, which in turn makes the glove easier to rip.
Taking a little time to care for your gloves will make sure your glove hand looks majestic, wherever your shit ends up.